- Los Santos & Blaine County: GTA's largest open world yet. Spanning vastly diverse cultural and geographical areas, the entire world of Grand Theft Auto V is open from the very beginning of the game to explore. Visitors to the greater metropolis of Los Santos and the countryside of Blaine County will encounter faded celebrities, meth heads, party people, violent gangs, hikers, bikers and every other manner of colorful denizen. You'll be able to traverse everywhere from the tops of the mountains, through the streets of Los Santos and to the depths of the ocean floor.
- Three Playable Protagonists: Michael, Franklin and Trevor may live in different parts of town, have their own issues, attitudes, lifestyles, desires and goals, but they do know how to work together. They also each have their own unique skillsets to bring to the table when it's time to get the job done.
- 'Recreational' Activity: The open world of GTA 5 is not just massive in scale, but will offer more to get into than ever before. For recreation, play a bit of golf or tennis, zen out with some yoga or cycle through the countryside. For adrenaline heads, parachute over the city, or customize your Cheetah and take it to the streets to race suckers for money. Or earn cash the old fashioned way, by taking it, whether by ripping off liquor stores or by buying and taking over businesses that will earn you dividends. Even minding your own business, having a stroll, you may meet one of Los Santos' weirdos, junkies, drunkies, or starlets and find yourself off on a wild misadventure you never expected...
- Heists: Petty crimes, hustling and stealing cars can only get you so far in Los Santos. To score big, Michael, Franklin and Trevor will work together to pull off grand Heists -- big, multi-part missions that require careful preparation, recruiting, and precise (and often explosive) execution. Cash is king in GTA 5 and while there will be plenty of ways to acquire and spend it -- Heists are the way to earn the big bucks.
- Grand Theft Auto Online: A dynamic and persistent online world set a few months prior to the events of Grand Theft Auto V’s single player story. GTA Online takes the fundamental GTA concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in online gameplay. GTA Online is a long-term GTA experience designed to grow and to evolve in many ways over its lifespan.
- Social Club: In Grand Theft Auto Online, Social Club members get access to weaponry and vehicular unlocks, a whole new suite of Crew features to represent and coordinate with your squad, and special tools to get the most out of Rockstar Jobs and user-created Jobs with the Content Creator tool.